United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County's Women United Signature Cause
Together, Our Impact is Strongest
Uniting the community to identify and solve our most critical issues depends on your generous support.
Supporting Parents Pursuing Education
United Way’s Women United provides childcare scholarships to help parents with the cost of childcare while they are enrolled in college full-time or working and enrolled part-time. This program supports parents pursuing either an associate's or bachelor's degree for the first time.
Parents selected for childcare scholarships must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in school or technical skills training for a minimum of 12 hours if not working OR enrolled for a minimum of 6 hours and working 19 or more hours weekly
- Attending job training schools or earning their associate or first time bachelor’s degree
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Provide referral agent all class and/or work schedules when available, and must keep referral agent informed of changes in contact information, employment and school status
- Have demonstrated financial need
- Must complete FAFSA application
- Not currently enrolled in a Child Care Services subsidized child care program
- Have a demonstrated plan for reaching their educational and employment goals
- Be a citizen or legal resident of the United States and a resident of Bexar County
- Be screened by a referral agent and selection committee
The current application period is closed. The next round of applications will open in August 2021.
Learn more about the group behind the Childcare ScholarshipLearn More
Sign up for our emails and see how your support is impacting our community and changing lives for future generations.
What Browser Am I Using?
You are currently using…
This browser will no longer be supported by Microsoft.
Try a different browser
We support any of these free, and easy to install, browsers.